Hello, Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring
What you are talking about is Mitral Stenosis. Depending on the severity of stenosis , your symptoms will increase. But,from your symptoms it's a mild form you are suffering form. To improve your quality of life if you have mitral valve stenosis, I recommend that you:
- You need to visit a dentist regularly, to prevent endocarditis(infection of heart).
- Its better if you prevent the salt in your diet.
- Try maintaining your weight within healthy range, to prevent complications.
- Exercise daily, a brisk walk for half an hour is enough.
- Try not having alcohol and coffee, they produce arrhythmias.
- If you are planning on pregnancy, you will have to talk to your doctor.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask follow-up questions.