Light spotting, back pain, nausea. Am I pregnant?

could I be pregnant? I have irregular periods but when I do get them they are very heavy and last about 8 days, but for the past few days I have just been having light spotting (light pink or brown) accompanied by lower back pain, headaches, a little nausea every now and then and cramping made worse by any activity, and increase in appetite. was wondering if this is cause for alarm. also I took a pregnancy test today but it came out negative, maybe it was to early?

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 4 Days.

I will like to know a few more things :
1) Do you have any history of breathlessness?
2) Do you have palpitations?
3) Any history of orthopnoea ( breathlessness on laying down )?
4) When did you have the atrial flutter last?
With a history of MVP, it is better to be careful regarding any kind of chest pain However without any of the above mentioned symptoms it does not seem to be secondary to any cardiac issue.
Such pain in the chest could also be secondary to GERD, which typically presents with chest pain mostly around the center, in presence/ absence of reflux.
Still if the pain is persistent it is better to get an ECG done at least and we could review from there.

Dr. Vivek Mahajan
Fellowship: DM, Cardiology, PGIMER, 2013
Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, AIIMS, 2007
Internship: King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital, 2003 
Medical School: MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, 2002