Thanks for your query.
There are number of facts about STIs. Some of them are mentioned below- take a look!
- A sti is a germ that can cause an illness inside a person even though the person doesn’t have any symptoms. An STD refers to infections that are causing symptoms or problems.
- Stis/ STDs were previously called “venereal diseases” (VDs), a term which derives from veneris, or Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
- A girl is four times more likely to contract an STI/STD than she is to become pregnant.
- Douching before and after sex does not protect against STDs, infact it may promote an infection after exposure to an STD.
- Genital pimples do not necessarily mean an STD and may simply indicate a case of genital acne.
- Each year there are approximately 333 million new cases of STDs in the world, according to the CDC.
Over 25 million people globally have died of AIDS