Thank you for using DoctorSpring Forum.
I shall list down my answers to your specific queries. For any clarifications please use the followups. Thank you
2. No. - Those reports are from 1998-2004 when there were no sensitive tests. Now the late means late by few weeks. Not years for sure !
3. These are the conditions which can delay HIV seropositivity (although very very rare)
Immune dysfunction due to defective humoral response or agammaglobulinemia
Immunosuppression due to malignancy or medications
Delay in seroconversion following early initiation of antiretroviral therapy
Fulminant HIV infection
All of these disorders will be very evident in clinical presentation. You appear to have NO signs suggestive of these.
4. I need more information from you. Please see end of the question.
5. Very accurate. Since you had repeated tests the accuracy should be near 99%
6.Your Lymph Node has "non significant enlargment", It has nothing to do with this.
7. Your leukopenia is mild. I would say it is normal. Plus it DOESNOT mean that your body is not able to put a fight !
8. No . No such thing exists.
9. I am glad you asked this. If I were you at this point I would realise that I am being paranoid about possible HIV infection. Or even better I would have stopped with 3 HIV tests. There is NOTHING suggestive of HIV infection. So realx.
Regarding question no. 4 - I would like to know whether you had any significant medical illness in the past (including childhood). Any fungal infection of tongue ? (white coating ) ? Any diarrhoea ? any fever ?
You can reply as a followup.
Patient replied :
Dear doctor thank you very much ...
For question four: no I don't remember that I was hospitliazed for a day in the hospital one case when I was two years old when I got Epilepsy due to hi fever that's all. I have currently Bactria or funges infection on my face as I stated in my question.
One more question
Do you believe with the current issues the 15 months and 9 tests are not enough to deduct HIV, is their any chance ?
The fungal infection is not related to Immunosupressoin.
It is unlikely that you had /have low immunity.
Chance is a wrong word to use in the scenario I guess. Yes there is negligible but small chance. But the if you take a lottery there is chance to win too ! You need not worry. Tests are negative. Symptoms are NOT suggestive of HIV either.
Patient replied :
Dear doctor thank you very much, for being kind to me, just to clarify things:
1-Do you believe on window period and sero negative as I have consulted my doctor several time and he said it does not exist and it's myth?
2- I have swallen lymp and I am planing to do remove it for testing as it could be cancer do you believe this May be delayed the virus antibody?
3- I have seen your answer not confirmitve 100% I understand that medical field is not 100%, today I will complete 16 months and I want to get married and I can't due to my HIV concern, please help me..
1. Window period exists for sure. But it has become shorter and shorter now a days with new tests. Now it could be just few weeks.
Persistent seronegativity has been reported but it has been never seen in our institution. This is extremely rare (and may be myth!)
2. Single lymph node - non significant. I think you should leave it alone. If persisting you can consider a FNAC (needle biopsy)
3. Yes you should get married. DO NOT worry about HIV. You are clean form the records you have mentioned. Stop worrying
Hope this helps
Let me know if you need any clarification
Patient replied :
Dear doctor bimlesh,
First of all thank you very much for your support and encouraging words heaps I would like to proceed in life, I got fit up from internet conflicting information every day I keep reading for almost 4 hours on HIV I was really scared and I don't know what to do and which to believe in addition we are almost 0 in medical education, just to rap up every thing:
I don't have HIV and my low WBC and lukopinea ( it vary )is not an issue for anti body generation or even delayed window period?
You are right it's only one lymp node very very small and always when doctor ask to see it they took time to identify the location, this is not an issue for window period or anti body generation? Finally as long as I can walk and talk and I am not hospitalized for serious health issue I should not be worried about HIV antibody , is the above correct?
Really appreciate you patience with me and with others with same anioxity and fear ... And I promise you no more follow up questions...
Yes, the low WBC is not a concern (intact it is low normal rather than low). The small lymph node can be just observed for now. And yes unless you develop any significant symptoms you do not need any further tests. I hope I have explained window period and persistent sero negativity. You definitely out of window period. And highly unlikey to be in a persistent sero negativity. (almost impossible)
All HIV related tests are negative and there are no specific signs or symptoms of HIV. So you can relax , get married and leave all these behind. Medical information in the internet has three main problems - 1) not written by experts 2)Not uptodate 3) no context.
Do not hesitate to ask followup questions. Infact I will keep this consult open so that you can get back to me at a later time, if needed.