No improvement in FRACTURE TIBIA with RODS and SCREWS.

Hello Sir i had a Tibia and Femur fracture on 1st October 2014 ..on 3rd october i had a surgery and they put 2 rods 8 screws. after 4 month the X-ray shown know improverment on Tibia and Femur..Doctor advice me for Bone graft on Tibia and he will remove 2 screws from the knee .. on 10th feb 2015 i had a second surgery bone graft on tibia and Dr. remove two screws from the knee. on may 3rd another X-ray done on the Tibia everything is fine but on the Femur there is no improvement doctor told me to come after 3 month and he suggest me to walk on crutches in full weight bearing. Please help me how long it will take to joint my femur bone.. and it was a open fracture.

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

I have read your question with diligence.
You should not worry at present.Sometimes these long bone may take about a year to unite.In your case it was a fracture of upper third of tibia which is liable to displace.You should wait for 2-3 months more for results.
Hope this will help you,

thank you for the answer sir. Dr told me to came after 3 months. he told me for 100% weight bearing but take a support always. Sir can i Use a cane for walking and go outside for walking...and what about the femur fracture?

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 3 Days.

It will be better for you to use walker.With help of this there is partial weight bearing on your limb.The femur will also get united in next 3 months.
With best wishes.

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995