Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Pain in pelvis area with BRUISE, tender to touch.

Resolved Question:

Hello, I am a 20 yr old girl. For the past week, I have had pain in my pelvis area/next to my groin. It feels kind of like a bruise, it is tender to touch. In the last few days, the pain has spread down to my knee in what almost feels like a straight line. Unlike before, I can feel a dull pain there when I'm not doing anything, and touching it or moving in certain positions is very painful. Nothing can be seen on the skin where it hurts except a tiny area of yellow bruising. only possible Injury that I can think of is that I tripped on the stairs and caught myself in a weird way, but I didn't feelpain then or for the next two or three days

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 32 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
A tiny area of yellow bruising indicates that there was an injury, and slight internal bruising.
Sometimes such bruises manifest late and the pain can start after a period of time.
And such pains will radiate during periods of inflammatory reaction.
Did you take any pain killer such as Advil/ Tylenol till now?
Can you elaborate on the difficulty in movement? Is it more of a muscular catch?
I will advise in case you have not already start Tab. Advil twice a day after food for 3 days and the bruising should be better in 3 days time.
Awaiting your reply,

Patient replied :

I have not tried tylenol or advil yet, I have been using heating pads but there has not been improvement.
The first few days, movement was not painful, then some movements would hurt like bending over to put socks on, and currently any movement in my leg that involves bending the knee even a little is very painful to the entire top half of my leg. Even just really gently touching certain areas or placing the heating pad on them is painful.
Im not sure if I would consider it a radiating pain because I can pick out 3-4 spots that have really acute pain-but different spots seems to hurt each day. I can deal with it hurting but Im concerned there could be something else wrong besides an injury since it has spread so much and hurts so much more today

No there seems to be nothing serious. Such injuries will manifest like that. The pain gradually builds up over a period of time.
I will advise you start taking Tab. Advil twice a day after food, and use a local anti inflammatory spray over the affected spot ( 3-4 times a day ).
The pain should resolve over a period of 5 days.
If it does not then we can investigate further.
As of now nothing seems to be serious. I have handled a lot of such cases, and from experience i can tell you, the pain keeps getting worse till a point, and then subsides.
Let me know after the first 2 days of taking Advil.
Wish you speedy recovery.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news