Pappilae of the tongue secondary to infection.

Have red pimples on tip of tongue with whit borders off and on for months

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com.

Please send a picture of the lesions on your tongue as it would be difficult to opine without seeing the lesions. You can add the same as follow-up.

Dr. Kruti

They are there in the morning more and you can all most brush them away but it will come back in same spots almost

Unfortunately, the picture is not showing the lesions well.

I would request you to send a clearer image if possible.

From the history you have provided, it could be most likely the normal papilla of the tongue if you can brush them away.

Thanks.

Why would it be in the same spot s on tip , its been likevthis for weeks

Thanks for your reply and the picture.

They seem to be inflamed and enlarged papillae on the tongue. It can happen due to biting, constant friction or at times due to certain food items which can cause it.

No treatment is usually required as they resolve after some time. However it's they cause pain, ice can be applied on it.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay due to unforeseen circumstances.

The picture that you have sent today it's a very clear picture.

You mentioned about getting pimples, what I see here looks like erosion. Is that how it is? Are there erosions on the tongue?
When the pimples go away do they leave erosions?

The reason for the enlarged papillae to be on the tongue could be that there is friction on that part more than anywhere else. Is there a habit of tongue biting etc?

Do you ever get fluid filled blisters on the tongue?

How soon do the pimples go away when they come? How often do they come?

I am seeking all this additional information so I can give you an accurate opinion.

Thanks.