A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Rash in pubic area for 6 months and sryskin cream

Resolved Question:

I am a 21 year old male and I have got a rash around my pubic area it is here 6 months now and sryskin cream wont heal it can u give me a name off a cream if I forward on a photograph

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar is online now

Patient replied :

Juat if I can get some information on what it is I have itnthis 6 months and no dryskin cream I have tried has worked

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 3 Days.

Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring. I would be pleased to answer your question.

From your photo it looks like a severe impetigo with eczematization.

This can be treated with antibiotic and steroid combination application. Over the counter available products include neosporin and cortaid cream which can be mixed and applied.

Hope this answers your query, please feel free to discuss further if you have queries.

Thanks and take care.

Patient replied :

Can this be contagious and can I get the antibiotic over the counter with out perscription

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 2 Days.


Thanks for your reply.

A direct contact with the lesions can be contagious.

The creams are available over the counter. However they are mild creams. In case you do not get relief with them within a week, it would be advisable to get a prescription for mupirocin cream which will be more effective.


Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.