Risk of HEPATITIS-B from HBSAg CARRIER to immunised wife??

Hello. What is risk of transmission of hepatitis b from hbsag carrier husband to immunised wife??

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

You are certainly having webbed penis and it can be corrected by minor surgery and you should certainly undergo the procedure.
Your retraction can be because of webbed penis and you should certainly tell your doctor about it.
The treatment is a minor surgery and no long term complications. So please get the surgery done.
Feel free to discuss any further queries that you have.

Sincerely
Rajiv Goel

Thanks for your answer. I am really considering having this procedure done. I have been researching this problem some, and am wondering where to go about it. Should I just bring it up at my next physical and be referred to an urologist? Also, do a lot of places perform this prodedure, or is it one that is only done by a few surgeons?

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 3 Days.

Yes you should definitely bring it up and also he can guide you about a good plastic surgeon who will do a better job.
Most plastic surgeons can perform such surgery with ease.

Is it normal to have discomfort such as skin irritation/burning associated with webbed penis? The webbed part of my scrotum gets very irritated and is extremely uncomfortable. Also, does this condition make having erections painful? Would the procedure for webbed penis help this? Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 2 Days.

Yes these are some of the complications of webbed penis.
The temperature regulation, one of the main functions of scrotum gets a little hampered when there is webbed penis, and this part gets more moist very easily leading to the irritation.
After the procedure all these symptoms, along with your erections will improve.

Also, the webbed skin feels swollen and sore sometime, is this also common?

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 1 Day.

No swellings and soreness are not common unless associated with an infection.
You can get the surgery done as convenient for you, and this symptoms will surely resolve.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998