Risk of HIV in someone with rash

Hello, I would prefer to stay anonymous. I am a man and last night, I dry humped with a woman who may have been HIV positive. She might have AIDS in other words. We dry humped for a long time, and I got a rash on the tip of my penis because of it. All there was between us was her thin pijama pants. My rash came into contact with her vaginal fluid. What are the risks of HIV?
A fresh rash, in contact with vaginal fluid through only thin pijama pants. And also, is there a chance that vaginal fluid enter through the tip of my penis while dry humping due to the fact that some sperm came out? What are the possible implications, and how risky is this situation for HIV transmission?

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

Your consult will be discrete.

You do have a small, but possible risk of HIV transmission. I am saying this based on the description of the episode by you. Since there is a contact between body fluid and a abraded surface there is a possibility of HIV transmission. Most important factor is whether the partner is really HIV positive or not. If yes, then you should consider, post exposure prophylaxis - as of medications - if taken within 72 hours that can reduce the HIV risk.

Please get in touch with your GP / HIV counsellor in your area asap. You will need to do a rapid HIV tests for you and your partner.

Feel free to ask followups