Scar like marks on inner thighs

I have had a few scar-like marks on my inner thighs for the last 3-4 years. I had consulted a dermatologist 4 months back and he said that they are stretch marks and prescribed a cream (e-pad) for topical application and told me it would take some time. I feel that they are increasing in size and the longest of the scars is almost 3 inches. It is very depressing when i look at them. For some background information, if they could be of any help, I had jock itch during my school days. I used to play a lot of sports, soccer, athletics. I was also practicing a martial art (Kalari). I had to undergo a rotator cuff surgery and I quit playing and effectively put on some weight. In 2010, i lost a lot of weight as well (around 7-8 kgs).
I have attached a few photographs. Please advice.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

I checked the pictures and you have stretch marks or striae as we call it.

The best treatment for stretch marks is with laser. Fractional lasers work on stretch marks and reduce them. However, the number of sittings depends on the response to treatment. Hence I would recommend that you visit your dermatologist and discuss out the lasers with him.

You also seem to have developed eczema around the stretch marks maybe due to scratching it often. You can apply prescription strength steroid cream like mometasone over it and take an anti histamine like claritin to take care of the itching.

Hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any queries.

Dr,
I have a few more queries. I have a fair complexion. Yet the marks are dark. I have seen that the stretch marks turn white over time. I have been applying the cream prescribed and also virgin coconut oil after a shower to keep my skin moisturized(preventive measure). Still I feel they are increasing.
Regarding the medication you suggested, shall I purchase Mometasone? What is prescription strength? Should I consult a dermatologist regarding this? Please advice on the course of action.

The stretch marks are initially dark colored and later on turn whitish.

Application of any creams will not prevent them from increasing.

You need a prescription from your doctor to buy mometasone.

Hello Doctor,
Thank you very much for your support.
One last query. Are there good/trusted Laser surgeons/Clinics in India? Could you please suggest a couple of them (may be around Mumbai)?

As I mentioned that you would need to get fractional laser done to reduce the stretch marks.

In Mumbai, you can go for fractional laser to kaya skin clinic at peddar road, you can meet Dr. Pravin who does the procedure.