Seborrheic Keratitis.

I am male, 31. Tiny black moles started appearing on my face about 3-4 months back. These moles aren't growing drastically but they are growing. From the last one month, I started noticing the appearance of these moles on other parts of my body. For instance, stomach, hands. They are tiny and less in number but they are there.

These moles aren't causing any problems but my reason of worry is the incremental attribute of these moles. Something similar to this image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ekBpS4GJ9AE/UAgNFE4kfkI/AAAAAAAADLY/TOZZWQ6AW_c/s400/DPN.jpg

Not exactly the same but they are very little but are grown to be noticed.

What should I do? Please suggest.

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.

These are called seborrheic keratosis. These are benign lesions and appear on the skin as we age. Only very Sudden appearance of a number of lesions over the body in a very short period of time is associated with malignancy of the lungs or intestine.

The only treatment for this is getting them removed by your doctor, by a radiofrequency machine which will burn them off.

This resolves the existing seborrheic keratosis but doesn't stop new ones from coming.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1097299-clinical#showall

This link is for your reference.

Could you please have a look at these pics? I have taken some selfies to let you know what exactly is happening. Left and right sides of my face.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

There are early seborrheic keratosis. They are known as Dermatosis papulosa nigra

The treatment for these would be to get them burnt off with radio frequency machine.

A sudden appearance of multiple seborrheic keratosis all over the body esp. On the back is known as lesar trelat sign. A gradual appearance of a few lesions over a few years doesn't fit into the criteria.

Thanks for replying. Would it be possible for you to suggest some authentic treatment centers for Chennai (India) location? How much does the treatment cost in Indian Rupee? An estimation may help.

Thanks,
Mayank

I am sorry but I am not aware about any doctors in Chennai as I am based in Mumbai. The treatment costs also vary from doctor to doctor and may range from 200 to 300 Rs. Per lesion.