Sinus pressure and pain

For the last 3 days, I have had sinus pressure and pain in my left eye only, and watery eye on the left. It seems to be mild in the morning and get progressively worse at night. Slight runny/drippy nose only on the left side, and the eye is slightly red. What is it?

Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring

You seem to have a mild version of cluster headache. This is a specific type of headache, like Migraine, but not related to it. Since you are having the symptoms only for 3 days hopefully it will have a self resolution. Paroxysmal hemicrania is one less likely possibility. These are non serious conditions but will require detailed evaluation for confirmed diagnosis.

For now you can take a OTC pain medication like Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily (or Indomethacin in consult with your Doctor for the pain). If the symptoms persists for more than 2 more days and/of there are any of the symptoms like sudden sever intensive headache, nausea, vomiting , visual disturbances you should visit your Doctor.

Feel free to ask followups

Thanks for the reply. I've taken motrin to help with the pain, along with a nasal decongestant for the runny nose on the left side and it helps a bit. One other new symptom that I just noticed yesterday is a sort of cracking noise on the left side of my nose near the top when I press on it. Cracking or crunching noise... I cant quite figure out what it could be but it hurts.

The crackling nose in non specific. It could be due to the accumulated mucous or could be due to the inflammation. If there is no response in 2 days with Mortin, a switch over to Indomethacin is good idea. Also you will require an ent examination to rule out any infection.

Feel free to ask followups