Treatment for overactive LIBIDO and INDECENT EXPOSURE.

I have an overactive libido and have recently been charged for indecent exposure and have to go to court in 3 weeks time. I feel helpless against a raging libido and want to stay on the right side of the law. This is my 3rd offense and I want to see if there are any medical options to help my problem and also show the court that I am doing something about my problem. I really want to be free of this debilitating obsession. I am 37 and live in Australia.

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Increased libido can be a problem and in your case likewise it has led to legal trouble. If it is an isolated symptom with no further change in behavior then Tab Naltrexone at 25mg / day can be effective in reducing the libido. This acts on the pleasure centres and reduces the act of libido.
However if there are accompanied change in the mood and with behavior such as increased spending, risk taking, big talks, over decorativeness or over grooming then a possibility of manic disorder needs to be considered. In that case it needs to be treated with Divalproex sodium or olanzapine or quetiapine or lithium. In short medical therapy is available but you need to get evaluated by a psychiatrist to know the cause of the increased libido.
Hope this helps,
if you have any additional query, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.