Small white blisters on thigh, pubic and genital area.

Hi I am really hoping you can help me. I live in a small rural community where everyone knows each other and so I am reticent to go to the local gp or nurse about it. Approximately a month ago I developed opaque white small blisters on the right hand side of my pubic hair region, which spread onto my inner thigh. I now have one on my left thigh and a couple on my genital area, which are quite sore. I did have a few sexual partners but have not had sex or been intimate with anyone prior to these symptoms for 6 months. I have now met someone and we are serious and committed to each other for,the long term and I am really worried that I will pass this to him. I have taken a photo, not an intimate one, but just of the cluster on the top of my inner thigh, if that would help for me to send you. I really appreciate your help.
Kind regards
Hannah

Thanks a lot for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

You seem to be having a condition called molluscum contagiousum which is a viral infection and can spread from person to person by skin contact.

The best treatment would be getting them extracted or curetted by your dermatologist.

You may pass it to your partner as there is direct skin to skin contact with the affected areas. But the important thing is that this is not an STD per se as it can get transmitted via simple contact. This is not a dangerous skin lesion and can be easily treated.

Removal will eliminate the virus and resolve the lesions.

So I do not feel that this should affect your relationships.