Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Strained glossy, bloodshot eye on BU=IRTHCONTROL PILL.

Resolved Question:

Hello, I am hoping you can help me. I currently have one eye that is glossy and looks like it is strained. I went to an eye doctor today, concerned that it was a rupture or pink eye, and everything checked out. No sense of infection at all or trauma. For the last week or so I have had difficulty sleeping. When I do sleep, I awaken to my body jolting, real an electric shock runs through my body. This happens mostly on the right side moving across my body (right face, shoulder, arm) etc. but, can sometimes happen on left leg too or hand. I am concerned something is wrong. I have had no other medical issues recently. The only medicine I take regularly is a birth control pill....and vitamins for deficiency. I have celiac disease. Could you provide any insight you might have, please?

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 22 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
I understand your concern.
We can definitely help you, but before I forward this to the specialist, kindly send a few pictures of the eyes.
That will help me assess the situation better.
InHouse Physician.

Patient replied :

It is very hard to see from pictures but I tried. Thank you.

If the doctor based on physical examination, doesn't think, there is anything to be concerned about, then it is less likely to be anything serious.
I can make out slight redness in your eyes, which could be because of allergies.
Did you get any blood work done recently? Since you have celiac disease, I would like to see your CBC, ESR, CRP reports, which can give an idea of any on going inflammation.


Patient replied :

I have not had any recent blood work my Celiac Disease has been controlled from going gluten free. I have been gluten free for almost 2 years old patientnow and most of my symptoms (joint pain, indigestion etc) have subsided.

These seems more like an allergy, and I will advise Olopatadine hydrochloride eye drops twice daily 2 drops in the affected eye.
Let me know if it helps. I will still advise you to get the bloodwork.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news