Thyroiditis and fibromyalgia with fluttery heart beat and facial numbness

I am 26 year old Female. I have Hashimotos thyroiditis, , Poly-cystic ovaries, fibromyalgia. I have had two children via c-sections. Since the birth of my youngest who is now 3 I have had thyroid problems but i have also had a lot of other issues since, I get extreme pain in my right side abdominal area if i bend over a certain way, it feels as though something inside me is being twisted, its very excruciating but the pain usually goes after a minute. I also have facial numbness on and off which also spreads to my skulp, i get spasms in my face and neck along with bad headaches/migraines. More so recently i have had severe chest pains almost on a daily basis and my heart beats erratically again if i bend over, flutters and makes me feel funny. I often get severe back pain which spreads down to my left leg...my hands and feet are almost always so cold they make my socks wet and my skin is very patchy and often appears bluish/purple... most doctors look at my age and tell me i am too young to have much wrong and it gets me very down as I can feel myself getting much worse...please help me

Thank you for asking the query at DoctorSpring :

I would require some additional information from you so that I can offer my best learned opinion.

1. Are you on any medications for Hashimotos Thyroiditis ?
2. Are you on medications for PCOD ?
3. Is you Thyroid function in normal as per the latest reports ?
4. Was your chest pain, abdominal pain and the related symptoms ever evaluated (as in form ECG, Holter, Ultrasound etc)

You can reply as a followup

Hi there,
I am on Thyroxine 50mg every second day, 100mg of tramadol daily. I saw the endocronologist at the local hospital the other day and they are waiting for new blood test results, from what i gather the thyroid results were normal but the antibodies were abnormal, i have had ultrasounds on my thyroid but the hospital kept the report, i should get more results soon. i also get spasms in my neck and pain...it often feels swollen. I had ultrasound on my abdomen the other day but i don't have a great deal of confidence in the sonographer as i have had him previously and has missed a lot. I dont have the results for that yet. I have also had shadows and breast lumps which they are not sure of but keeping an eye on, i see the breast specialist again in November but again they said because of my age in most cases is nothing, they still can't tell me what the shadows are...i get a lot of Bone pain which is why they diagnosed with fibromyalgia but I don't believe it is that...I am booked in for a holter monitor in November for 24 hours.

Thank you for providing the additional details.

-The short lasting extreme abdominal pain could be due to a adhesion, or cyst compression (of the PCOS) or even a musculoskeletal problem. The ultrasound will rule out any significant problem such as cyst rupture. If the US rules out any significant problem you need to do anything about the pain, as it will resolve by its own in few weeks.

- The aches, pains and the numbness are non-specific in nature. By no specific I mean, it is not possible to point it towards a single diagnosis. Most possible reason is the hormonal imbalance, especially the low thyroid. Symptoms can persist for few more months even when the thyroid values are normalised. You will need to keep taking the Thryoid medication inorder to achieve symptoms remission.

- Cold skin, patchy skin and bones pains are due to the low thyroid levels. Please continue the medications. Once your thyroid levels stabilises the symptoms will improve.

- I assume you already has an ECG. If there was some obvious and serious heart rhythm abnormality it would have been visible in it. It’s good that you are going to get a Holter. This is the only way to rule out any possible issues.

- It seems you might be having a bit of anxiety. Especially regarding your health. Let me assure you from whatever information available for me, it seems all the parameters have been well evaluated and your Doctor has ruled any major health issues. I recommend some measure to de stress along with aerobic exercises daily at least for 30-40 minutes per day. This will bring improvement in the pain perception also.

- I also recommend a baseline evaluation to rule out any Rheumatologic disease. This will include blood tests like ANA, CRP, RA Factor. You can discuss this with your Doctor.

- You can also take a multivitamin supplementation once daily. (which contains Vit B12)

Please feel free to ask follow-up questions