Treatment for CYSTS in both sides of THYROID and BREASTS.

In the past month I was found to have a cyst on each side of my thyroid. I had a cyst in my right breast that was aspirated & found to have hyperplasia in my left breast. I also was found to be Vitamin D deficient. My level was only 7. My PCP says I only need to have thyroid ultrasound repeated in 6mths. I'm still waiting to hear from Dr on my follow up for hyperplasia. I am now taking Vitamin D3, 50,000 1x week for 12 weeks. With all this going on should I have the thyroid cysts aspirated?

Hello. Thanks for posting your query at Doctorspring.com
I understand your concern. Thyroid cysts are mostly fluid filled cavities, and are found in the form of nodules in the throat. The patient mostly complains of a lump in the throat which can be felt on swallowing. The good thing is solitary nodules or cysts are found in a lot of young adults, ( mostly women ), they are benign in nature and don't cause any harm. Only when they interfere with the proper functioning of the gland or they cause compression symptoms ( difficulty in swallowing ), then they are evaluated.

In your case, i will advise you to get a thyroid profile done. Get your T3,T4,TSH values checked. If they are normal, then there is nothing to worry about for the next 6 months. That only shows that the nodule or the cyst is inactive as of now, and no intervention is required. However, i will also recommend that it is better to get an Ultrasound Guided FNAC done from the tissue. These nodules ( cysts ) are mostly benign, a very small percentage can turn malignant later. So once the FNAC is done, it can rule out malignancy completely.

Regarding your hyperlasia of breast, it mostly signifies fibroadenoma of the breast. For that i will advise you to take vitamin e supplement ( Tab. Evion 400, once daily). It has anti-oxidants which can limit the hyperplasia. I will suggest you get the Thyroid profile done soon, and upload your report. Then i can assist you further,