41 year old Female (1.6 meters 56 kilos)
I grew up in the state of Iowa and now live in Merida, Yucatan, Mexico (since 2000). Generally healthy—no colds/flus or fevers for several years. My glands do not appear swollen. I was examined by an infections disease specialist in August. I do not smoke.
In 2008, after the birth of my third child (3 C-sections), I started to have pain in my ankles and wrists. After multiple tests and multiple doctor visits, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.
For about a year, I took Cymbalta. I was very uncomfortable with the “electric shocks” of Cymbalta, so I slowly discontinued use. I was prescribed Amitriptyline and started taking ½ to ¾ of a 25mg pill in late 2010 or early 2011.
In approximately mid-2012, I started to take a full tablet Amitriptyline of 25 mg.
In May of this year, I was feeling really good, and wanted to lower my dosage from a full pill to a half pill. I started to take ¾ of a pill. I would like to note that a series of semi-stressful events took place. It is hard to say if it was the lowered dosage of Amitriptyline or the stressful events--one of which was our family dog was diagnosed with lymphoma and began chemotherapy; however, I became very tired. During the summer I resumed taking a full 25mg of Amitriptyline. I rested as much as possible. I started to have pain in my upper arm bones (both arms equally) and my upper leg bones (both legs equally). Also, I had pain in the back of my legs and under my buttocks.
After resting during summer vacation and having continued tiredness and upper arm bone pain (and thigh bone pain), I decided to try going to a infectious disease specialists to see if my fibromyalgia symptoms were caused by a latent virus or bacteria. I am attaching the blood work dated 14th of August (indicated as: Fecha).
I was prescribed three weeks of Doxycycline (100 mg every 12 hours) and Iron with Folic Acid supplements (100 mg/800 mcg). I also took B-complex vitamins (B1-100mg / B6-5mg/ B12-50mcg). I took all three pills together in the morning with breakfast.
Doxycycline was prescribed for a possible rickettsiosis as indicated by the Proteus 0X19 Positivo 1:160 in “Reacciones Febriles.”
I am attaching my follow-up blood work results—dated 18th of September (indicated as: Fecha)-- after the antibiotics and vitamin supplement treatment of approximately three weeks.
I eat rather well. I avoid junk food and sodas (diet or otherwise). I drink lots of water. I do not eat a large amount of meat. However, I do eat dairy and eggs. My only vices are a cup of coffee with milk in the morning and about four evenings per week I have a beer. I try to sleep at least eight hours/night.
Besides the family dog, we have two cats. I have had cats in my house all my life.
I have been rather anxious lately with a marked anxiety about driving in traffic.
• In about 2012 I had a cone biopsy for abnormal cervical cell changes –returned normal.
• Many ovarian cysts
• Dark brown discharge after menstruation
• Slight anal fissure
• Recent increased pain in wrists and shoulders
• Doctors always tell me my colon is irritated; however, the only digestive symptom I have is gas. (no diarrhea, constipation, pain, cramping, etc.)
• I had a blood transfusion in 2001 after the birth of my second child. Placenta-previa caused a lot of lost blood. I am AB- blood type.
• I don’t know for sure the blood type of my children; but I am almost positive I was giving the Rho-gam shot after all three. I can’t remember for sure.
• I have had a slight change in vision. My vision has never been very good; but I have definitely noticed that my vision is blurrier than normal.
My only current medication is 25mgs of Amitriptyline, Iron with Folic Acid, B-complex, and an occasional Tylenol or Tylenol PM.