urine infection follwing antibiotic course

I was diagnosed with glandular fever 2 days ago, but have had it for one week. I think i am now coming down with a urine infection. 
Is this a concern? Do i need to go to my dr?

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

Thank you for asking the query ?

I would like to get some additional details from you so that I can help you out here :

1. What kind of symptoms are you having which suggests a Urine infection ?
2. Are you on any medication for the glandular fever ?
3. Are you still feverish ?

I feel the need to go to the toilet, lower abdoman pain, slight back ache. I'm not on any medication for glandular fever, and i am no longer feverish.
Thank you again.

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 3 Days.

You are right, these symptoms could be due to a Urinary Tract Infection. You may wait for a day or two to see whether the symptoms are resolving by itself.

Drink plenty of water. You may also drink 100-150 ml of Cranberry juice ( not diluted, slightly sweetened )daily, which proven to help in UTI.

If the symptoms are not resolving in 2 days, or if there are new symptoms/ existing symptoms are getting worse (like again fever, pain while urination etc) you will to see a Doctor. In that case a Urine routine and culture followed by an antibiotic course will be the best course.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital