Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Watery feeling in chest, night sweats. CHEST INFECTION?

Resolved Question:

dear dr spring i am worried i have a chest infection or somethink else i have had this cold watery feeling inside my chest for 4 months now and it wont go away i am also sweating a lot and wake up drenched in sweat when i wake up i had bronchitis 4 months ago then was left with this strange cold watery feeling inside my chest on the left side ever since. please could you tell me what it could be. i had a chest xray done on the27/8/14 and this is what it said the trachea is midline. cardiomediastinal outlines are well delineated as are both hemidiaphragms. perihilar bronchial wall thickening is appreciated. no focal lung lesions identified. conclusion plain film suggest bronchitis.please can you tell me what that means? please tell me why i have a cold watery feeling inside my chest on the left side that wont go away? i want to get better. thankyou yours sincerly polly.

Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 26 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
I have read through your query and you seem to be suffering from LRTI ( lower respiratory tract infection ), along with bronchitis. Bronchitis, as the finding suggests is an inflammation of the bronchus, which could be due to excessive mucus secondary to infection.
I will advise you the following medicines and once you finish the course you should feel better,
1) Tab. Pulmocef CV 500 twice daily for 5 days, after food.
2) Tab. Montelukast 10 mg once daily at bed time.
Kindly continue the medicines for 5 days and update me.
You will feel better once you finish the course.
Hope this was helpful,

Patient replied :

dear dr many thanks for your nice helpful letter. unfortanetly i do not live in america. i went to my dr and he would not prescribe those tblets you told me to take. he keeps saying i have asthma and the chest xray says i have bronchitis not asthma. i still have a cold wet feeling inside my chest with night seats and i feel hot in my face abd sometimes get chills. please could you tell me can you get cold wet feelings in the chest with astma and night sweats? he just gave me a ventolin puffer to use which has not helped i still feel the same. i am at my wits end please can you tell me what to do thanking you kindlly yours sincerely polly

Hello Polly,
I won't say you have asthma.
But your physician will know better since he can auscultate you directly.
With asthma you will have problems like wheezing, difficulty in breathing, coughing but not the kind of feeling you described.
I personally feel a course of antibiotics should be given to you, to control the chest infection, if any.
The night sweats, the fever, chills are all suggestive of infection.
I feel you should get the Pulmocef and Montelukast and try it for 7 days. The ventolin puffer won't really be helpful in your case.

Patient replied :

dear dr many tanks for nice letter. my dr wont prescribe those pills can i get them from a chemist without a prescription? i can not get any help here because they dont care about me. i want to get better. could you please help me could you please write a prescription for me then i can get them from the chemist. i will send my name and adress. i am not living in america i do not know if you are in america? i dont feel very well and noone over here cares. i hope you can help me. i would be very grateful. thanking you kindly yours sincerely polly

I am extremely sorry Polly i don't have the provision of providing a prescription online.
Can you consult some other doctor?
You will get Montelukast without prescription, and if you are not in US, i am not sure where you are, you can try to get Pulmocef ( without prescription too ).
What is the reason your doctor is not writing a prescription? It's just an antibiotic.

Patient replied :

dear dr many thanks for nice letter. i am unhappy you are unable to help me. you were my only hope of getting better. they will not help me here i am living in a coutry where i was not born and they hate me. did a woman called dianne livngstone write to you and tell you not to help me? she does not want me to get better she has somethink against me. the man next door to me be shouts and abuses me and tells me to get out of this country and calls me swear words. i am not in the usa. i think it is of no use me going to see another dr as they have told everyone not to help me. they are all against me. i am not making this up . do i have any riights because i was not born in this country to get medical treatment ? i will ask the chemist if i can get the tablets you told me about without a prescription. i will let you know what they say. i have been taking high dose vitamin c twice a day but it has not gotten rid of the cold wet feeling in my chest or the night sweats or chills. i have a hot face but my temperature is not high its only 34 celcius. so i do nnot understand why i feel hot all the time. can you please suggest to me what vitamin or herb is good for getting rid of chest infection becasue everythink i have tried has not helped. thanking you very much yours sincerely polly

No one mailed me from anywhere Polly.
I am sitting here in India, and this is an email based communication. So there is no way i can write or send a prescription to you.
I really want to help you. But i have never heard doctors refusing to write prescription or chemist not giving the drugs as asked for. That is shocking really.
Polly, you will be able to get Montelukast without prescription, so try getting that. Also if it possible i want you to get a Complete Blooc Count evaluated. I need to see all your blood paramters. If all this is happending due to infection, the wbc count will be incrased, and we will have a better idea.
I am sorry for your situation and the ill treatment that you have been subjected too,
But without antibiotics it's difficult to treat your condition.
Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news