Anxiety issues due to drug abuse.

Hello I really don't know how to start this off, but here we go. I use crystal meth. I have been using it for several years now. I’ve tried to quit many times, but failed. I have learning disability, Short-term memory loss, social anxiety, anxiety disorder. I went through a lot of problems in my life. But this year I have been experiencing extreme -phobia. I literally cannot even go outside. I'm afraid of people, crowds, and different kinds of sounds. I'm in my room 24/7, really depressed. PLEASE is there some sort of medication out there that can help me? Thank you, for you time

It seems like you are suffering from generalized anxiety attack.

Generalized anxiety can occur in multiple settings and involves in feeling of helplessness and restlessness in multiple settings. They usually occur in environments that cause stress .There are multiple approaches and medications involved in treating this condition. The treatment involves both behavioral with cognitive therapy and medications.

I would recommend the following.

1)Accept that you have a problem and work towards its resolution .This is the most important step and half the battle is won with this.

2)Consult your physician and discuss your problems with him. Ask him to refer you to a therapist. The therapist will use multiple behavioral techniques like flooding and stratification to improve the anxiety.

3)You can also consult a psychiatrist regarding the use of medications to reduce the anxiety. The drugs given are effective but may cause distressing side effects like anorgasmia, hypotension etc.

4)Considering adapting relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga. They help in reducing the anxiety associated with the condition.

5)Develop new hobbies and interest .This will keep mind away from the anxieties and also help in relaxation. You may try gardening, cooking, trekking which have been shown to be helpful.

6)Eat a good balanced diet with good portion of proteins carbohydrates and vitamins. Also follow a strict regimen of exercise.