Cause for TROUBLE BREATHING, feel like gonna die.

For the last month ive been having trouble breathing and it worries me because sometimes i feel like im gonna die, but i dont know whats causing it

Category: Pulmonologist

Expert:  Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil replied 4 Days.

Was it sudden in onset? Was there any aggravating or triggering factor as such? Did you have a history of asthma in your childhood?
Do you have any associated cough or chest pain?
Do you develop breathlessness on walking?
I need all these details, before i can guide you further.

I had asthma as a kid, and there really arent many triggering factors besides that I lift weights regularly. I had bad chest pain in the left side for a while, not as bad now, mostly lack of breath at the moment.

Expert:  Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil replied 3 Days.

Thank you for the follow up.
It does not seem to be any lung pathology or anything serious.
It will be better if you can gt a Chest X RAY done and upload the reports for me to be ale to guide you.
It mostly seems like a panic attack and i think a course of Tab. Xanax for about a week will be helpful for you. You need to ask your local GP for a prescription. Kindly try the medicine and let me know if there is an improvement.

Alright, thank you very much

Expert:  Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil replied 2 Days.

Please let me know if Xanax is helpful.
All the very best !!

Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil
Residency, Post Graduation: MD, Respiratory Medicine, J L N Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan (2012).
Medical School, Internship: MBBS, Government Medical College, Kottayam, 2001-07 
Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM) - Medical Trust Hospital, 2013-2014.