Ibuprofen side effects.

I ate a little bit of food and took 400mg of ibuprofen because my back was starting to hurt. About 30 minutes later I felt nauseous. My legs were weak the room was spinning and I blacked out. During the time I blacked out, I thought I was having a clear conservation with my mother. My boyfriend came into the room; he had to shake me to get my attention. He said I was sitting in the chair with my head back making a lot of groaning noises. He said my eyes were open and glassy. When I came to I was very confused and disoriented. I did vomit and was sweating profusely. I took a nap and feel a little better. I feel s little dizzy and am a little pale. What could that have been?

Hello, I understand your concern. Ibuprofen belongs to a group of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is used for the treatment of fever, rheumatoid arthritis and as an analgesic. Ibuprofen acts by producing prostaglandins, which relieves the pain. This medication is taken orally and can be taken three to four times in a day. However with certain individuals it can produce side effects ranging from diarrhea, constipation, bloating to more severe ones like dizziness, ringing in the ear, fever, rashes, breathing difficulty. In regard to your question, you have developed a reaction to the medication ibuprofen that has resulted in dizziness, hallucination spells and disoriented. This medication is not suiting your body well. I would suggest you to discontinue the tablet ibuprofen and consult your doctor for a complete evaluation. Hope this helps. Thank you.