Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Mother sick (rewritten in first person)

Resolved Question:

I am a 73 years old lady without any serious issue with health rather than what I am going to describe. For the last 9 years, I have been suffering from anxiety and have taken medication for that. However, I use only sleeping pills now and nothing more. But still I am a little agrophobic. For a year, I have got symptoms of that but haven't consulted with a doctor. Now-a-days, I have increased urination and diarrhea with a raw feeling while urinating. I had an urination problem which was got cured long before. Now, I feel severe pain in abdomen at times and get it worsened while eating certain foods. I wonder it could be some Celiac or IBS. I feel like dying. Please help me.

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 26 Doctors Online

Hello. Thank you for your query.

I am sorry for your present condition. I shall try to explain some causes along with some diagnosis.

Anxiety is a common condition seen almost in every other individual. But if it is of long standing or if it interferes with daily activities, it should receive immediate attention and you should consult a physician for this. If you are agoraphobic and are worried about going out and consulting a doctor, I would advise you to request the doctor for a home visit.

Diarrhea and increased urination should be investigated further. A complete urine examination along with stool examination is very much required in your case. If the results show any abnormality such as blood in the stool, a consultation with a gastroenterologist along colonoscopy (a diagnostic procedure where a video probe is inserted through the anal canal to visualize the area and to take biopsies) is required. Neutrophils or blood cells in the urine indicate that there is infection associated either with the bladder or kidneys.

Nevertheless, as you are 73 years old and postmenopausal, I request you to make an immediate appointment with your physician to make an immediate step towards a healthy life.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news