Pain in shoulder after lifting heavy weight. RHOMBOID?

Hi I have pain between my spine and shoulder blade from last 5 weeks.i have lifted heavy at work and after that I got this pain I have tried P 5 lessons and Osteo for 3.but no improvement.i did MRI and that is all clear.but pain still there.PT and osteo saying Rhomboid problems.could u pls help me with that.

Category: Spine Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Goutham Cugati replied 4 Days.

The location of pain what you have mentioned exactly coincided with the Rhomboid muscle location. The pain here may be due to a partial tear in the muscle attachment which might take nearly 4 - 8 weeks to get full relief. You need to consult your pain therapist regarding the further course. If MRI is clear then you would not have any neurosurgical problem.

Dr Goutham Cugati

Consultant Neurosurgeon

Thanks for that I have attached my MRI and my photo where I feel pain all the time.could u pls advice me how long it takes to heal and what type of injury I got.its already 5 weeks now.

Expert:  Dr. Goutham Cugati replied 3 Days.

I have sen the MRI report. It does not reveal any spinal pathology. Hence you should probably suffering from a muscular pathology. To find out the probable cause, the treatment and prognosis, you need to been examined thoroughly by a pain specialist.

with regards,

Dr Goutham Cugati

Consultant Neurosurgeon

Dr. Goutham Cugati
Residency: Neurosurgery, the Post-Graduate Institute of Neurological Surgery, Dr. Achanta Lakshmipathi Neuro surgical Center, VHS Hospital, Chennai, 2011

Postgraduate in Neurosugery: DNB, National Board of Examinations,
Part 1 - 2008, Part 2 -  2010

Medical School: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, JSS Medical College, 2004