Purple/red sweeling over anus without pain. HEMORRHOIDS?

Hi, I currently have something wrong with my anus hole and its an issue thats been affecting me for around 6 months now and its been causing a lot of stress throughout this period. I'm an 18 year old male. The issue I have is what I suspect to be hemorrhoids, as there appears to be some sort of purple/red swelling over of the anus (ill attach photos). Now I don't actually have any pain whatsoever associated with this, the only issue its causing me is I find it harder to pass stools, I wouldn't go as far to say I'm constipated but Its defiantly more difficult as my anus seems to be narrower and swelled. Another observation is when I go to wipe after using the toilet there is often little to no poo that needs to be wiped, it seems to be clean each time somehow. In terms of blood in my stool, back around 5-6 months ago when this issue began I would notice the occasional tiny spot of bright red blood on the toilet paper or stool, however since then I have not seen any form of blood in my stool or on the paper, but my anus doesn't seem to be healing. Although I am thinking haemorrhoids, I can't rule out the possibility of other issues such as cancer (which I really hope it isn't, and don't think it is, but this still haunts my mind and has for the past few months) If you see it as serious I will seek medical attention from a specialist doctor in my town, I have been holding off from this as I think you can understand this is a rather embarrassing issue. But if you can maybe observe the photos and give me your initial thoughts and what to do that would be greatly appreciated. (One of the photos I have tried to stretch open my anus more, the two others are just how it looks without being touched) Thank you!

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You are having hemorrhoids and a possible anal fissure secondary to constipation. Anoproctoscopy may be done to confirm it.
Good bowel movements would help in relief of symptoms.
Take high fiber diet.
Drink lot of fluids.
Take fiber supplements like metamucil.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Regards ,
Dr.R.K.

Ok so just to confirm I shouldn't be worried about cancer or anything judging from the photos? And If I adopt a high fiber diet for easy bowel movements will this heal my rectum back to how it used to be? Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

Yes cancer is less likely.
Yes, a high fiber diet would heal your rectum back to how it used to be.
I hope that answers your query.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University