Reason for worst headache in life with weakness.

My mother had the worst headache of her life last Sunday. It was preceded by mild headaches and/or pain. It has been followed by periodic head pain and fatigue and weakness over the last three days. The dr ordered a MRI but it is scheduled for next tuesday. Now she has shakiness and weakness coming on and feeling very bad. What could this be and does it require more immediate attention. She also feels feverish during episodes.She feels better during the day and worse at night or in morning.

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have noted your mother's symptoms. I agree that she needs attention of a neurologist and a scan should be done as early as possible. If the MRI of brain is getting delayed, then, in the meanwhile, a CT scan of the head may be done, which is much simpler and can be done early.
Our main objective is to exclude bleeding in her brain, such as subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH).
I hope it helps.
Feel free to discus further,
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

What symptoms may occur if it becomes more serious? I do not think we will get a chance to get the tests until next tuesday unless we go to the mergency room.

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 3 Days.

Thank you for getting back.
Please watch for the additional symptoms as below:
Worsening of headache, vomiting, double vision, drowsiness, weakness of arm or leg, seizures.
If any of these occur, you may take her to emergency room and get a CT scan of brain done.
Feel free to ask further queries,
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995