Recurring thrush while having sex

I am having an age of 20 years and I have a problem of recurring thrush, it is interfering in my life. My sex life is totally a failure due to this. I have tried the tablets and creams but none of it seems to have worked. I feel too nervous in discussing this problem with a doctor, so I haven’t seen any doctor at all. Tell me some sort of treatment available for this type of infection?

Thanks for your question.

As the symptoms you told are still persisting, it is really important that you should seek medical advice or see your doctor as soon as possible. As the treatments you had taken do not work it is possible that the infection may be of another type of infection.

I feel it as necessary that you should also undergo a test for sexually transmitted diseases. It is important to know that a sexually transmitted infection gets easily spread even though not just having sex. You could easily get this tested at (GUM) clinic.These clinics are included within local hospitals. You would get advice from them on all these matters. The consultants are available 24 hours and free of charge. They will keep your visit confidential i.e. they wouldn’t give any information about your visit to anyone. They will be very pleased to see people and treat their diseases and make their life comfortable. You will be properly diagnosed and treated. It is important to keep in mind that infections can be easily treated at their starting stages and if treatment is delayed it will worsen the situation. Delaying treatment may cause the infection to get worse and it may lead to lot other serious problems. So there is no need to get nervous in the thought of getting tested for an infection.