A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recurring thrush while having sex

Resolved Question:

I am having an age of 20 years and I have a problem of recurring thrush, it is interfering in my life. My sex life is totally a failure due to this. I have tried the tablets and creams but none of it seems to have worked. I feel too nervous in discussing this problem with a doctor, so I haven’t seen any doctor at all. Tell me some sort of treatment available for this type of infection?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. John Monheit is online now

Expert:  Dr. John Monheit replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question.

As the symptoms you told are still persisting, it is really important that you should seek medical advice or see your doctor as soon as possible. As the treatments you had taken do not work it is possible that the infection may be of another type of infection.

I feel it as necessary that you should also undergo a test for sexually transmitted diseases. It is important to know that a sexually transmitted infection gets easily spread even though not just having sex. You could easily get this tested at (GUM) clinic.These clinics are included within local hospitals. You would get advice from them on all these matters. The consultants are available 24 hours and free of charge. They will keep your visit confidential i.e. they wouldn’t give any information about your visit to anyone. They will be very pleased to see people and treat their diseases and make their life comfortable. You will be properly diagnosed and treated. It is important to keep in mind that infections can be easily treated at their starting stages and if treatment is delayed it will worsen the situation. Delaying treatment may cause the infection to get worse and it may lead to lot other serious problems. So there is no need to get nervous in the thought of getting tested for an infection.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.