Smoking Marijuana while pregnant. Is this harmful?

I have tried everything my doctor has given me for nausea and I have it all day every day. I was a regular marijuana smoker until I found out I was pregnant then I stopped. I start smoking a little everyday to calm the morning sickness and now I can actually eat. I am quitting once I start my second trimester or sooner if the morning sickness subsides. I live in Texas and I am worried that they will test the baby at birth and I will be involved in a CPS case which I do not smoke to get high I only smoke a little bit to get rid of the nausea. Please help I am very worried about this. I've done a lot of research and would not harm my baby. Thank you

Hello, You have been a regular use of marijuana in the form of smoking. As you are in your second trimester and experiencing morning sickness, this is a common symptom associate with pregnancy. Marijuana has shown to be effective in reducing the nausea induced by cancer chemotherapy, stimulating appetite in AIDS patients and reducing intraocular pressure in people with glaucoma. It also reduces muscle spasticity in patients with neurological disorders. Doctors recommend medical marijuana for many conditions and diseases, nausea experienced as a result of chemotherapy, chronic pain, AIDS, Arthritis, cancer, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, ADHD, glaucoma, epilepsy, migraines in the states. It is also used to ease pain and improve the quality of life for people who are terminally ill. Since you are presently pregnant and have been using marijuana for relief from nausea, I would suggest you to discontinue the use of it to prevent any harm towards the pregnancy. Hope this helps. Thank you.