Hi. Thanks for updating us with your query.
Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that is usually emitted from electric generators, cigarettes, residential fire, faulty old electronic appliances, smoke emitting stoves. The symptoms usually start when the concentration of carbon monoxide is a 35 ppm. The upper limit for human exposure is hundred ppm, beyond which it is dangerous to human health. The employees of a factory are usually removed from that place If the levels of carbon monoxide crosses 100 ppm.
Usually there is a history of exposure to Carbon monoxide either through household fires or residential fires or some other reason. Clinically Carbon monoxide poisoning can be diagnosed by measuring its level in the blood. It can be achieved by the use of carbon monoxide oximeter. This CO oximeter works on the principle of measuring the wavelengths of light that is emitted from the fingertips, where different types of hemoglobin emit different types of wavelengths. Also there is breath CO analyzer, where the individual has to take a deep breath and hold it in order to fill along with carbon monoxide. Abnormal levels of Carbon monoxide are usually detected by CO detectors that are placed in the factory for Public Safety.
Hope this helps.