White hair on head at 22yrs of age. Advice.

Hello doctor i am 22 years of age.I have just found one white hair on my head.what should i do?
should i pluck it?or not?Advice me?

Category: Pulmonologist

Expert:  Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query to DoctorSpring.com
Before I can make a diagnosis and suggest further management it would be helpful to include to have the following additional information.
1)Your age; you mentioned that you have been working in a freezer for 2 years, what was your occupation prior to that? Were you exposed to other environmental pollutants?
2)Does your cough cause you to bring up sputum? If yes, what color and quantity is it?
3)Do you smoke currently? If yes, how many cigarettes oer day.
4)Do you have any additional symptoms? for e.g. fever, itching eyes, shortness of breath?
I would like to confirm whether the source of your cough is an infection or allergy so as to determine which line of treatment works better for you. Your history and complaints do suggest a bronchitis episode. And apart from antibiotics, I will suggest a short course of bronchodilator, steroids and cough syrup.
Also, During winter, people often transmit viral colds to each other and these do not necessarily require antibiotics and will resolve with time and use of symptomatic treatment such as a cough medication.
I will strongly suggest a pulmonary function test to assess airway function.

Dr. Jacob George Pulinilkunnathil
Residency, Post Graduation: MD, Respiratory Medicine, J L N Medical College, Ajmer, Rajasthan (2012).
Medical School, Internship: MBBS, Government Medical College, Kottayam, 2001-07 
Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM) - Medical Trust Hospital, 2013-2014.