Intermitent Internal tremors in hands. PARKINSON'S?

I am a 50 year old female in excellent health, I have developed what I can only describe as an internal tremor in my left arm, and a pinky tremor which is intermittent, mostly if I lay my hand flat stretch out my fingers, then draw my pinky in towards the finger next to it, its a twitch that i can stop if I move, I feel like I need to constantly move my arm, sort of like restless leg syndrome but just in my left arm, made mistake of googling, now I have diagnosed myself with parkinsons. I am seeing a neurologist in 2 weeks, but have myself worried sick.....

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
As you are not using any other antidepressants, its safe to use saint johns wort . I wold still suggest you to go for the tablet or the capsule as they are having a standardized dosage and while taking the powder or liquid, the dosage may vary. That way you can take 100mg per day to start with and if required can be increased to 300mg per day.
If you still planning to take in tincture format where in you dissolve the crushed herbal powder in the alcohol,it can be taken one dropper full ones a day initially and can be be increased to two dropperful two time s a day.
look for the symptoms of muscle twitching, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, restlessness, confusion, muscle cramps and if you develop any of them, the dose will have to be reduced or it needs to be discontinued.
In case if you have any further doubt, do let me know.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.