Vertigo with fatigue.

I have the following symptoms: vertigo when I get up and lay down (everything spins) and fatigue. I feel like my blood circulation is heavy and slow; I don't feel tingling in my body. Additionally, I feel my audition specially sensitive with sudden and loud sounds (I hear a little bell sound when I hear that kind of sudden and loud sounds). I don't have any kind of pain and I don't feel nausea.

Last year (November) I started to feel vertigo (with any other additional symptom), and I was diagnosed with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. The physician performed some kind of maneuver to make me feel better, and prescribed anti-vertigo pills, which I took for a whole week. However, the pills nor the maneuver didn't help at all.

I stopped taking those pills, and the vertigo didn't go away. I've been feeling this vertigo since November until know on daily basis, but I haven't done anything because I wasn't feeling that bad (until know).

Could you please help me?

Category: ENT Specialist

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 4 Days.

Thank you for using Ask a Doctor Service from Doctor Spring.

I can understand your problem, and will try to help you the best possible

You have history of positional vertigo, it may be BPPV but you have one additional symptom of abnormal sensitivity of loud sound also which is not a symptom of BPPV. And you did not get relief with Epley’s Manoeuvre (Particle repositioning manoeuvres are usually highly successful with 8 or 9 out of 10 patients being treated successfully with just one or two manoeuvres.)
Vertigo can be presentation of many diseases. To treat it we should know correct diagnosis
To get correct diagnosis I need more information and may need some investigation. Still investigation are not very important.
So I am sending you a vertigo evaluation form, if you can fill it and send it, then it will help me a lot to diagnose.

The links are below
https://db.tt/Q2s280lB
https://db.tt/E6nXyPgh

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

Dr. Sunil Jalan
MBBS, DLO,MS(ENT), DNB,DAA

Dear Dr. Jalan,

This is the link with the evaluation form complete:

-Hidden-

I would appreciate if you confirm whether you can open the link above.

I look forward your answer.

Adriana.

Expert:  Dr. Sunil Jalan replied 3 Days.

Thank you for giving detailed information.

You are suffering from Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). Please refer this link for more info - https://db.tt/y5uIQQGH

But in your first episode your did not get relief with Epley’s Manoeuvre (Particle repositioning manoeuvres), still I will suggest that you should meet same physician or ENT Specialist so that he can do positional test to confirm it and can redo the Epley's manoeuvre.

After doing this only we can start medication for vertigo as if you start medication first then we can't diagnose it(medication may suppress the central nervous system directly so will not see the effect of postional change).

In consultation with your local doctor you can start Tab. betahistine 16 mg (vertin) three times daily for 5 days for symptomatic relief.

Hope this helps. Would be glad to help you further with any queries.

Dr. Sunil Jalan
MBBS, DLO,MS(ENT), DNB,DAA

Dr. Sunil Jalan
DAA (Diploma in asthma and allergy) : Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2012
D.N.B (ENT), 2011
Residency - M.S. (Master post graduate degree in otorhinolaryngology),  Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2009
D.L.O. (Diploma in otorhinolaryngology) - Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2007
Medical School - M.B.B.S, S.P. Medical college, Bikaner, 2004