Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Redness and blistering of genital skin

Resolved Question:

Dear doctor,

From past three weeks, I am having the problem of some painful blister like appearances in my genital areas. The skin of the surrounding area as well as the mouth of the genitals is becoming more reddish in appearance and an irritation occurs all the time. Kindly treat me as soon as possible so that I could lead a normal life again, as I used to before. I am sending you the pics of the affected region. Is it the same as pics of herpes?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 24 Doctors Online

Thanks for your question and concern. As is clear from the pics of herpes, there are many small blisters like formations on and around your genitals. The skin has also become very red and itchy. The main reason for the problem could be sexual contact with a person having the same problem. The fluids do the entire infection transmission act. The condition seldom arises if one restricts to only one partner.  The HSV or the herpes simplex virus is the one responsible for all the pains. A swab test is the confirmatory one, which just confirms its presence.

Coming to the treatment, apart from the antibiotics, as prescribed by the physician, a cool antiseptic cream meant for the genitals shall be applied before retiring at night or after bath.  The patient shall wear loose fitting clothes in order to be comfortable all the time and let air circulate in and out the affected area. The antiseptic powder can also be sprinkled over the affected region, which can help in combating of the infection as soon as possible. To relieve from the pain, painkillers like aspirin, can be taken, only on the advice of the consulting doctor. Good Luck.

Dr. John Fuller
Category: Family Physician-GP
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Dr. John Fuller and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news